This Bubble-ific experiment is not only FUN but also a great way to explore light colour films, angles, shapes and more. You can make your own using pipe cleaners and straws or you can buy our special kits:
– Crazy Bubble Kit
– Crazy Cube Bubble Kit
Start creating / building and explore the world of bubbles!
– Large container of water
– Detergent or Crazy Bubble Juice (make longer lasting bubbles)
– Pipe cleanders, scissors
1. Detergents can be very slippery if spilt on floors. Wipe up immediately if spillage occurs.
2. If making your own with pip cleaners, be careful when using scissors (adult supervision needed).
3. Our kits (made by Zometool) have small balls and are NOT suitable for children under 3 years. If you have younger siblings, please make sure they are supervised and ALL parts are packed away after use.
We have changed the background to black to make seeing the bubbles easier.
Lower the bubble frame half way into the solution again. This traps some air under the bride and when you raise it again, you should have a cube bubble.
Check out the ‘Wacky Science’ video of this experiment and ‘What’s Going On’ series link. They are currently ‘In Production’, so check back soon…..
Wacky Science Ep
If you would like
– more details,
– pictures of the second half of the experiment
– information on how to investigate this further
– links to everyday examples
– management hints & teaching pointers (5P Teacher develpoment program)
Â ….. then why not subscribe to one of the following
(1) Crazy science Club
(2) 5P Teacher Training course called ‘Looney Lab Â Classroom Creations‘
Or you can purchase the ‘Bright Sparkes Guide’ of this demonstration only ($2.50) which has:
- HD pictures of experiment steps
- Detailed explanation of science
- Mini-challenge section (another experiment)
- Making it a â€˜Scientific Methodâ€™ experience
- Graphing opportunities
- REAL links and descriptions to everyday examples of concept.